KidsFirst NORTH provides families a range of supports that promote and enhance positive parent child interaction
- To deliver the Growing Great Kids and other curricula
- To provide referrals, information, tools, and activities that enhance parent-child interactions
KidsFirst NORTH provides families a range of supports that promote and enhance child development and well-being.
- To deliver Growing Great Kids and other curricula
- To support families in accessing children’s and families’ services
- To support early identification of developmental delays through developmental screening, referrals to appropriate services, and create links to community services
- To promote child health and wellbeing by facilitating access to children’s services, dental care, well baby clinics, and immunization
KidsFirst NORTH supports prenatal women to have healthy pregnancies and healthy birth outcomes.
- To provide women with information on all aspects of prenatal health
- To support positive maternal mental health through early identification and intervention
- To support women to identify and deal with mental health, addictions and domestic violence issues
KidsFirst NORTH supports families to provide environments to promote child development and family wellbeing.
- To support families in enhancing social support, housing suitability and stability, and food security
- To support families to prevent, identify and address mental health and addictions concerns, and promote positive mental health
- To support families to enhance skill development and employment
- To enhance community capacity building
- To encourage and establish partnerships at all levels towards achieving the goals of the program
KidsFirst NORTH provides accountability for quality programming.
- KidsFirst is governed and administered in accordance with principles of effective and efficient management, and of ethical practice
- KidsFirst strives to identify and implement promising practices for quality assurance and continuous program development
- Programs meet provincial quality standards in the following areas: identification, documentation, staff training, curriculum, curriculum delivery, safety, assessment, acceptance, engagement, confidentiality, timeliness, and family retention.